Kunos Simulations released a small update to their simulator, Assetto Corsa, overnight. As usually, it'll be delivered to your pc via Steam, so don't sweat it.
- Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
- Fixed turbo in form gears
- Physics multithread is now disabled with less than 4 cores
- Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
- acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
- acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
- Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
- Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
- Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
- New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
- Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
- BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
- Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
- Fixed dirt texture and headlights in Ferrari 458 Italia
- Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
- Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
- Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3
- Fixed TrackIR support for x64
- Added Force Feedback Controller app
- Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
- Added benchmark mode
- Real-time app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
- New “camera facing” spectators are now controlled by the “world detail” settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
- Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less “punchy bumpy”)
- Remapped some functions associated with Numpad “+” and “-” * +/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays) * Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV * Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation
Personally I'm glad about that last one. I had some buttons mapped to +/- to change the FOV and he had recently been broken. Now after a little remap I have that feature back. I've highlighted the good stuff
The really big annoying one is the futher balancing of GT3 cars. GT3 is a popular leage format (I race in one in Assetto Corsa, as I did in iRacing before AC was out) and having to balance the cars each time is a PITA. We've already got them balanced now AC brings out improvements to their balance and all it does is break the ballast we've applied.
The GT2/GT3 tyres are an important change too. I did some testing today in various GT3 cars and most definitely it takes a minimum of 5 laps to get the car up to speed and the affect of sliding around too much is real. I like this change, as a smooth as butter driver :)